THE National Food Authority (NFA)-Western Pangasinan is holding the licensing for corn and palay businesses for 2013 in various towns on set dates beginning this month until June.
The schedule is as follows:
- February – Basista, Bayambang, Malasiqui and Urbiztondo
- March – Aguilar, Bugallon, Mangatarem and San Carlos City
- April – Binmaley, Calasiao, Mangaldan and Sta. Barbara
- May – Dagupan City, Labrador, Lingayen and Sual
- June – Burgos, Dasol, Infanta, Mabini and Alaminos City
Businesses required for licensing include retailing, wholesaling, transporting, milling, and post-harvest and warehouses.
The license fee is based on the capital and nature of business, according to Provincial Industry Service Officer Marissa M. Jacinto.
Provincial Manager Roland Rufo said there will be a 25 percent surcharge after one month, 50 percent for two months and 100 percent surcharge for three months or more that will imposed on those who fail to renew their licenses.
Businessmen without the authorization from the agency will be penalized in accordance with the NFA’s rules and regulations.
For more information, contact the NFA office in Lingayen at numbers 542-4154 and 542-4366. (PIA-Pangasinan/ARF)