SAN FABIAN–Some 200 first and second year high school students are now taking their lessons under shades of trees after a fire gutted a school building that housed five classrooms and the library of the Anonang Elementary School Wednesday dawn.
The fire broke out at about 1:00 a.m. and reportedly started at the school library in the middle of the school building allegedly due to an over-heated ceiling fan that was not switched off.
However, the school principal, Isabel Lumandas, defended that it is impossible because the teacher-librarian always made sure that all lights and electric fans in the library were switched off everyday before she went home.
Along with the building structure, also burned were books, a television projector, school desks and other paraphernalia.
The building was already almost completely burned down when firemen arrived at the scene.
Meanwhile, the school’s teachers and students, together with their parents, have appealed to the Department of Education (DepEd) to help them immediately construct a new building.